Dabar [theme]

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou find refuge: His truth is a shield and buckler
Psalms 91:4

Be it ours,when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of His wings. C.H. Spugeon

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Twenty-Five Years in the Making

Today is the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of my marriage.
The time has gone by so fast!
We have bought and sold property, vehicles, garage-sale items.
We have moved and been moved.
We have vacationed, made friends, seen countless people come and go in our life together.
We have children, I dont' think anything more needs to be said about this,
as Forrest Gump declares "And that's all I have to say about that"



At this time as I reflect on my married life and peruse through the memories, I have a strong sense of my selfishness and the overbearing sense that more sacrifices than can be measured have been experienced by my life-mate.


I have referred to this relationship in Biblical terms as described in Genesis, my wife being my helpmeet.


Within this descriptive term lies the most profoundest of meanings.


It is unfortunate that there exists what some call 'life's lottery', persons being born into a situation whether genetic, cultural or physical. Such it is for women.


As I think on my married life I am constantly reminded of my selfish, manly inclinations.


What would my life be like without this woman beside me?


An apology is merited, earned, required. Can "I love you" say enough?

No comments: