Dabar [theme]

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou find refuge: His truth is a shield and buckler
Psalms 91:4

Be it ours,when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of His wings. C.H. Spugeon

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Matthew 17:20

"I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."(Matthew 17:20) 


I have looked at this verse from a variety of angles and read a large number of commentaries applicable to this verse.

After much study I have been able to draw two conclusions:

1) It has never happened that a mountain has been moved; and

2) It is not about the mountain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, I remember the story of LeTourneau talking about moving a mountain with earth moving machines. I don't have enough history to fully affirm the idea of no mountains being moved - although I would go with a high percentage that none have been moved (is that lack of faith, lack of asking, or lack of a reason as far as God is concerned?).

I do agree, it not just about the mountain!!

We are talking about the miraculous in youth group this year. Should be interesting to see how they approach this passage! - Ron Baker