Dabar [theme]

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou find refuge: His truth is a shield and buckler
Psalms 91:4

Be it ours,when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of His wings. C.H. Spugeon

Friday, October 05, 2007

A Short; Conversation


Conversations are unique aspects of our ability to communicate with one-another. Conversations are not the means by which all the information required to make decisions is arrived at. Communication is enhanced in conversation by the subtle ques expressed through body language, environment, even the very process of how information is extracted via questions and statements reflecting the values and views of individuals. It is in the person-to-person interaction of conversation, as compared to a phone-call or e-mail,etc., that the quality of information exchange is at its best. We function, despite the technological capabilities at our disposal, as people when we as people give vent to our thoughts and feelings in circumstances requiring eye contact. It is in community that this aspect of exchanging knowledge is most prevalent. I am not talking about the weather, the fail-safe conversation-saver, which people fall back on to avoid the awkwardness of silence. I am referring to the exchange of those burdens upon our hearts, those things we hold dear, those ideas that require expression, the thoughts that interrupt our life and need clarification to move on. I am talking about community, where the things which I value are expressed in conversation, not only by my words, but by your interest in me because I have value in your eyes, and that value is expressed by the involvement you have with me through conversation, by the importance you give to the weight of my thoughts. I am talking about conversation reflecting those things shared in common, as people united in like-minded pursuits, as people who share and are willing to be associated with one-another. My willingness to communicate with you and your willingness to listen. This is reciprocal, I hope I did not have to state that for clarity's sake.

No comments: