Dabar [theme]

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou find refuge: His truth is a shield and buckler
Psalms 91:4

Be it ours,when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of His wings. C.H. Spugeon

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Word of Faith


In the beginning God created... then God said,... in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. (Genesis 1:1-3; John 1:1-3) In the use of language there is no simpler nor greater expression of the Divine in the workings of life and man, than in these passages of Scripture. In this we see the uncontrollable authority and omnific power of God, who merely needs to speak the Word and by that Who He is it must come to pass. In this attribute of God there are no transferable qualities. This is and always will be a position held by God and God alone.

In this I believe. There is much to be said for faith and its operation in my life and of those who believe. We look into the Word of God and find in it our consolation, our life, our comfort, our hope, etc. I personally have many Scripture passages which come to mind at various times during the course of the day, during times of praise or duress.

Isaiah 53:5,...He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. Matthew 8:17,...that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: He himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses.

In this I believe. I will not claim to have full understanding of the application of these passages of scripture to a life of faith or there implications to the aspect of spiritual and corporeal healing. There exists in my belief and in my heart an understanding (&yearning for) of the realization of all the mystical and miraculous intents that are represented.

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear, even I will carry, and deliver you.

'I am He'; God who spoke the Word is He Who will care for me, sustain me.

Analyses is part of who I am, being rational, digging out things. Sometimes I just have to sit back and accept (rest in) that God is God and rely upon that fact setting aside all my desires to understand.

No comments: