Dabar [theme]

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou find refuge: His truth is a shield and buckler
Psalms 91:4

Be it ours,when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of His wings. C.H. Spugeon

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Remember Me


2 Chronicles 7:14 states ..."if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
As I look at our nation of Canada and reflect on this verse, it seems an impossibility that this event, (a nation humbled by assent) would ever occur. Watching the days activities surrounding Remembrance Day, it struck me that we are in actuality in a position where this could happen. The nation took notice of a sacrifice that was made and one that continues to be made. Across the country people humbled themselves, and I mean they exhibited those characteristics of humility that show, lack of pretentiousness, lack of pride, lack of arrogance and instead showed honour and respect for those men and women who have and are in military service. They read prayers and heard prayers. and regardless of personal beliefs, those prayers were offered to God.
I may be too optimistic in my outlook on the days events and the opportunities that are present, but I see in the leadership of this country and in the will of this nation the desire to do the right thing. The right thing is based on an understanding of a Sovereign God, who holds our good fortunes in the palm of His hand.

The thing surpasses all my thought,
But faithful is my Lord;
Through unbelief I stagger not,
For God hath spoke the word.

Faith, mighty faith, the promise sees,
And looks to that alone:
Laughs at impossibilities,
And cries,"It shall be done!"

No comments: