Dabar [theme]

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou find refuge: His truth is a shield and buckler
Psalms 91:4

Be it ours,when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of His wings. C.H. Spugeon

Saturday, October 07, 2006

What a Saviour!!


To offer up Isaac was to sacrifice the very object of faith!!
Faith properly exercised performs two functions: First, it attributes to oneself a position by which otherwise it would not have standing, but based on the Word of God dares (courageously challenges) to claim that position as its right (faith); Second, based on that position it lays hold of the power of God to make it (the promise) a reality in everyday life. As Abraham moved up the mountain he said ' God will provide (for) Himself a lamb', not 'God will provide a lamb', the context is such that it resolves faith and promise by allowing God the full working of provision ( salvation, deliverance, prosperity, security, help) based on Him and no other factor or circumstance. There is no room for anyone or anything else besides God, in the plan of God for His people.
2 Samuel 23:3 "God is my rock (the God of my strength), in whom I will trust, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my savior, you save me from violence. I must trust in the Lord, and that trust is dependant upon the essential condition that I believe God is wholly devoted to my well-being.
All which I took from thee I did but take,
Not for thy harms,
But just that thou might'st seek it in
My arms.
There is always at work an interlacing of earth and heaven, of the human and the divine, of the things that press on the senses and those which eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived. If there is scarcity is it not that I have not trusted the hand of God who holds all in His hand, or have I not learned in the moment of emergency to take what is required?
Abraham learned that God provides, may I too.
Faith is the reconciliation of the promise with the sacrifice, God showed mercy to Abraham and his son, however when the time was come there was no mercy shown for Jesus, no voice called out 'spare thine only son', only silence on the hill of Calvary. What must I learn of sacrifice and trust, what work must be done in my heart to understand how fully the love of God incorporates His desire for the best for me? How deep must the cross cut into my life?
Genesis 22:14 - '...and Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-Jireh... on the mount of the Lord it will be provided [it will be seen]'
1 Sam 3:18b '...It is the Lord let Him do what is good in His sight.'

No comments: