Dabar [theme]

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou find refuge: His truth is a shield and buckler
Psalms 91:4

Be it ours,when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of His wings. C.H. Spugeon

Sunday, September 10, 2006

First Time


Well, this is an adventure, who knows what will be discovered in an undertaking of this nature.
At this time I will not say much about who I am, as that may be information that is more important at a later date.
Hopefully in exercising some writing I will be able to deal with some issues in my life.

This summer has been one of some very intensive reading. I started with a book my daughter bought for me called the God-Smuggler, which led me to buy and read the Barbarian Way. Both books were able to assist me in defining some faith issues which I had been hung up on for years.

I then started on (and have not finished Spiritual Man, (Watchman Nee) which reminded me of a book I had started but not finished. (Cries from the Cross, Erwin Lutzer) which I then read. While reading that book I discovered on my Computer Library Seven Sayings from the Cross, A.W.Pink which I then read. It was while perusing my Computer Library that I found Elijah, The Secret of His Power, F.B.Meyer and read it. I have still not finished The Spiritual Man.
It probably is of no surprise but I am feeling rather small and very diminished in my ability to work as or to be a Christian with any confidence that my own strengths are my own, or that I have acquired any of the strengths needed to continue on in God's work.
It is a good thing that God is doing in my life, I just don't know of the outcome ( I guess that where faith comes in) or what the eventual catharsis and/or death to myself (I speak of that in spiritual context) will look like.
The one and unfaltering mainstay of my Christian walk and the path that God has led me on thus far, has been my belief in the absolute sovereignty of God and His perfect care for me.
Well that's enough for this first time. God Bless
Blessed shalt thou be in thy coming in. and blessed shalt thou be in thy going out Deut. 28:6

No comments: