Dabar [theme]

He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou find refuge: His truth is a shield and buckler
Psalms 91:4

Be it ours,when we cannot see the face of God, to trust under the shadow of His wings. C.H. Spugeon

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Faith Defined


One of the things that enable me to maintain a vibrant belief in the ability of God to provide for me came in the form of question? A few years ago in studying scripture and trying to understand the dealings of God with me it was posed to me this question,
If I believe God to be Who He says He is? (as revealed in the Bible and in my personal life) then it follows that where I am right now is absolutely the best place for me to be. Notwithstanding (there has to be a notwithstanding clause) that I am living in obedience to His call on my life. It's at this point that a renewed emphasis on grace must be placed, for all obedience is not the working of my own but the empowering work of the Holy Spirit to enable.
It follows that faith is nothing more than following the leading of a God who always has at His heart the best interests of His child, with a desire and an outcome that will insure the maximum amount of growth in grace, faith, ability to serve, promotion of love and glorification of God.
Even as I write these words, the full import of the statement is lost in the infallibility (without fault or weakness) of the words themselves because they fail to portray the reverence and power of the thought that is behind the belief.

No comments: